Monday, September 21, 2015

Tuesday, September 22, 2015


As we wrap up our Olympic Cycle in the next two weeks we will be mentally and physically prepping for the 'hardest' of all phases for most people.  It will have a lot of 20 UB, 100 rep and max set benchmark tests and retests.  These will be very challenging mentally and physically and will require many people to adopt and maintain a positive attitude -- I will not allow negativity to enter the mindsets of our team during this cycle. Understand and carry this out and we can all move forward to our highest potential.  I have been extremely pleased with the improvements in Olympic Lifting for those who have been able to hit these days consistently.  The consistency I am seeing at numbers at or above what you were capable of just weeks ago is drastic and noticeable -- Some of you have even been able to hit some PRs and position PRs which is awesome!

Extra work:
1) E90s for 18mins (12 rounds) - 1 Clean & Jerk
Sets 1-4 - 60%
Sets 5-7 - 70%
Set 8 - Off
Sets 9-10 - 80%
Sets 11-12 - 90%
*If you have hit every lift and feel good, take 1 interval off and continue on towards a new 1RM attempt - 2 Fails allowed - Do not go beyond 25minutes total for this piece*

2) Function:
3 Rounds:
a) Banded Glute Bridges -- 25 Reps - 2s Hold at the top Demo
rest 90s
b) Band Pull-Throughs - 20 Reps Demo
rest 90s
c) Supine GHD Hollow Hold - 60s (establish a Hollow position on the GHD and hold)
rest 90s


8 comments:

  1. Proud of everyone. #PositiveVibes are best found at 5:30am.

    I finished 5 seconds off my PR for todays metcon.

    Keeping the positivity flowing...How bout that Stanford Cardinal???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished at 6:59. I believe it was the first time ever doing that workout for me so wasn't sure what to expect. Certainly made those GHD hollow holds a challenge.

    Extra work after 9:30 class. Continue to love the function sections each week. Really feel like those are making a positive difference.

    Cleans felt smooth until getting to 90%. Failed twice but live to fight another day. Looking forward to the rest of this week's training

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very jealous of Lon and Burger Pimp's matching TSwift concert t-shirts this morning. I had to squat directly across from this dangerous duo. It affected me.

    I have hit a plateau with Annie. Last 3 times I've done it my time has been within 5 seconds either way. Need to get faster on sit ups.

    Worked at 135,155,175 and 190 for clean and jerks. Cleans felt solid; jerks felt heavy and clunky. Need more footwork-work.

    Proud of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleans. 130, 150, 175, 195 all makes. Good 205 clean then a funky jerk.... ended with 5 heavier clean pulls (230) since it often feels really heavy off the ground. Was really happy with how fast I stood up that 205 clean!

    Class squats felt good. just hard on the lungs

    Annie 5:25 PR - lots of coughing after but extremely happy I was able to do it!

    Functional work. good booty burn....Alex was right! hollow holds after Annie were tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Started out with some front squats at 160#. These felt super heavy today.

    Finished Annie in 6:39 which was a PR!

    For the clean and jerks, I did 100, 120, 135, 155. Cleans felt ok but jerks continue to be less than awesome. Didn't attempt to go up after my sloppy makes at 155.

    The functional work is great and by great I mean super hard. GHD holds were definitely struggle-bus-city post-Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did my Jenny excersises and then cleaned:
    135,155,175,185, put 195 on the bar and of course chickened out.... I really need to get over that mental block of dropping 195 on my wrist.
    Did the functional work and OOOOOOOOO EEEEEEE... Booty burnin! There were so many pelvic thrusts going on at the same time.... It was crazy. #thrusteribarelyknewher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did this today aka Wednesday :)
    Jerks felt heavy... But squat cleans felt great. My numbers were 100,120,135,155 all makes but the 155 jerk wasn't really pretty

    ReplyDelete