Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday, August 13

In response to all of your Push-Up softness I will tell you what I used to tell my soldiers when they inevitably tapped out of this same workout (I used to make them do sets of 10 then stay in the Front Leaning Rest (aka plank) until I wanted them to do their next set, 90s full rest was generous): "One day, you will be able to accomplish this task and you will be a better man because of it, let's continue." Sometimes I miss the military...You guys would just laugh and smile at me if I said that to you.  Glad you all got to experience this, should you desire the full effect / a true re-enactment let me know. #GetBetterCrew 

If you guys are doing the competition Saturday decide between taking Thursday off, and hitting a Prep Day on Friday (which I will post tomorrow night) -- or Resting Friday and hitting a normal day today.

Class -- Take Jerks very light and work on form.

MetCon: Smooth, methodical. 

Extra:
Preferably with a partner complete:
10 Rounds of 3 Burpee Muscle-Ups, then tag your partner.  Complete for time.

If you do not have a partner do this as: 10 RFT: 3 Burpee Muscle-Ups, rest 20seconds.

9 comments:

  1. Sergeant Binek = the ultimate bully.
    Speaking of bullies. That workout was Richie Incognito level of bullying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your first statement.
      Your 2nd statement is one of the most over exaggerated statements you've made on this blog. I mean the things RICHIE INCOGNITO did were unbelievable. Today's WOD was some body weight movements and a jog

      Delete
  2. You know... I hate to say this, but it would be kinda cool reinactment. I would probably cry of pain but I'd Be getting way better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked up to 205 with Starfox on the push jerks. Felt good but need to work on bringing the bar back down better. 8:37 for the workout. It was a good little leg burner. Might try to get in tomorrow afternoon to work on some things or I might be golfing. Game time decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to 115 on push jerks with Erica! Kept them all unbroken working on form and not losing my core.

    Class finished in 8:36 holy legs

    I shall rest till the comp now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worked up to 215 on jerks. Could of went heavier but my shoulders have been taxed all week. 7:31 on the WOD. OUCH!!!
    Extra: did this with John R. In 9:08. We kept a nice pace. Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerks-235x5 255x3
    WOD-7:39
    MU-w/chuck. All complete but I did not move very quickly.

    Good luck to everyone this weekend. I say #FCFpodiumSWEEP. Curb stomp those fuckers.

    MARIA and I will be having a bench press session on Saturday at 2. Anyone can join if they would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect Maria to be this after one session with Coach JSans on the Bench:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x56mzKgyys

      Delete