Saturday, August 8, 2015

Championship Sunday, August 9

Congratulations to everyone for accomplishing their tasks for the day and celebrating fitness. I am very tired, and am going to get the main piece out there for tomorrow -- if you competed today and want to come get moving tomorrow I would encourage that and you can discuss what that would entail with me.  

We will be having an 8:30a session, however we will likely have a longer warm-up than usual and maybe a 9:30-9:45a start time, be aware and come later if you don't want to warm-up as much.

0-15:00 -
EMOM10:
Odd - 7 Thrusters @ 155/105#
Even - 10 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups


15:00-30:00 - 
"Ben Smith" Practice:
EMOM12:
1 Power Clean + Jerk - Begin at 155/105 and build each set as desired. 

30:00-40:00
6min AmRap:
8 Strict HSPU
8 DB Snatch 100lb/70lb (if scaling to 85/80/70/65's add 2 reps)

40-50:00
6min AmRap:
5/3 Muscle-Ups
60 DU

50-60:00
6min AmRap:
3/2 Rope Climbs
12 Step-Back Lunges with DB (from first 6min AmRap) in front rack

Set-Up:
Barbell @ 155/105 + some plates for additions

HSPU Set-Up with DB close by

Jump Rope / Rope down

5 comments:

  1. We came. We fucked shit up. We left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. As if Mondays weren't hard enough, there's nothing on the blog to look forward to/keep me entertained. Can we start guest blog post Mondays? I would nominate k$ for the first post

      Delete
    2. I can make myself available for a nominal fee.

      Delete
  3. I attempted this nasty biz-nass this morning. First part went ok - thrusters felt very slow, and I really wanted unbroken chest to bars each round. Did. Not. Get. Them.

    I could only do the BSmith style jerk until 165#, then there was no extra bounce. Did 175 and 185 as regular, boring non-Ben Smith jerks.
    HSPU felt good. DB snatches felt real heavy, probably cuz they were.
    MUs and dubs went ok, but I probably rested too much before each MU set.
    Went on to PR my couch stretch. I usually can't last more than 30 seconds per leg.
    #hipflexgainzzz

    ReplyDelete