Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday - January 12, 2012

Tried a morning session -- I am trying to get after it before 10am at least once a week.  I am significantly less focused/strong in the mornings, no matter what my breakfast/coffee/sleep is like.  Something I am trying to fix with the 'constantly varied' piece in case an early 315 deadlift WoD creeps up at regionals (god forbid snatching).

BB Gymnastics: Snatch
This was a pretty bad failure.  I got some advice on my videos from a couple top US competitors out of Avg Broz -- said I needed to work higher into extension (be more patient on the 2nd pull) and stop throwing the bar forward, I tried to work on that at 45, 95, 125...then see what happened with it at 155/175...As soon as I tried to focus on getting the bar higher before the pull I stopped having any source of explosion.  Shoulders still tight after last night so bottom position was rough also.  Shitty snatching day, which is disappointing it had been starting to feel consistently good.

Conditioning: 

 3 Rounds of:
12 Deadlifts @ 315lbs
24 Bar-Facing Burpees
 Time: 9.31 -- DLs were UB, 6/6, 7/5 -- Wanted sub 8, forgot how much I suck at bar-facing burpees, they were consistent (didn't stop moving), but slow.

Strength: GH- Raises -- 44#, 44#, 0# x 15
TGU - 44 x 3/arm x 1set

Not a total loss I guess...but felt pretty much like one.  Just no focus whatsoever.

m/f/s - 9/3/3

No comments:

Post a Comment