Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday - November 5, 2011

So I was going to try to back-log everything I missed, but that appears to be impossible at this point (Most notable was 402 FGB).  Did CFTotal today
385 Back Squat
165 Press
525 Deadlift (PR)

The Squat felt horrible, early morning squatting with little warm-up was not feeling great.  Also I went from 385 straight to 410, probably too big of a jump too high.  I know I have 410 in my for sure, but I need to get high enough that 400 is in the bag any day.  Press...was....shit.  Like "I'm totally re-working my programming" shitty.  Had no control, midline broke, bad form, no power...sigh.  Luckily the Deadlift saved my day.  Everything felt light.   435, 475 and 500 all were just step up and rip it, easy.  515 was a bit more work and 525 was a struggle, but they all felt great.  Super happy with this PR.

Since the move things have been hectic and it has been hard for me to find time for programming and things.  My upper body stamina and strength have been disappointing lately - so I am going to try to get back on 5/3/1, it was the hayday of my shoulder strength.  I am going to try to hit Push Press, Front Squat and OHS often in my metcons -- big plans but I'm just hoping I can stay up on everything CF Related while working on these. Priorities:

Shoulder Strength/Endurance - Mainly Press, HSPU, OHS
Oly Lifts - Snatch and Jerk mainly
Gymnastics - Handstands, and maintain muscle-ups/pull-ups/pulling strength.
As January nears I will switch my focus to endurance and metcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment