Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday - October 19, 2011

Games WoD 5:
AmRap 20 minutes:
5 Power Cleans @ 145lbs
10 Toes-To-Bar
15 Wall Balls
Total - 10 Rounds + 5 Wall Balls (PR by 3 reps)

Games WoD 6:
AmRap 7 minutes:
Ladders Thruster / Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups  3,6,9,12,15,18....

Total: Went through the round of 12 in just under 5 minutes, but had to shut it down - my shoulders finally felt like they were giving out on my.  A little disappointing but all in all this experience was a huge success.

What I learned:

My Shoulder longevity is no where near where it needs to be.  My legs feel relatively fresh after working through this, however my shoulders feel like they are totally fucked.  I need to start amping up the shoulder movements and strength-endurance work.  Also I found a few holes, box jumps being the main one.  Secondly Squat Cleans and SC Thrusters take way too much out of me.  I believe my metcon is much better than it was during the open and that is how I was able to work through these with little intensity.  Now I just need to get my muscular endurance up a bit and spread the wealth on skills, while hammering the shoulders a bit more.  Next 2 days off before the competition Saturday, hoping my shoulder heals up.

1 comment: