Saturday, July 4, 2015

Championship Sunday, June 5th

1. I hope everyone enjoyed the picture perfect day granted to us on the 4th - celebrating the small percentage of crazy revolutionaries who stepped up against laws and tyranny to dominate some accent loving chumps. Glad I don't talk that sissy brit way these days...Naw'Mean?

2. For Hales/Toad's wedding - and because John didn't get my reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLOEvYULfY

3. Times for tomorrow will be super weird:
9:00a - K$ would like to run this time, I would really like some sleep.
11:00a - Maria, Cash and Kara have committed to this time slot.
1:30p - I am trying to be a good teammate and get the bachelor party / Cincy crowd into the gym around this time.
Take your pick!


With a 60 minute running clock complete:

0-15:00:
EMOM12 - 
Odd - 12 Thrusters @ 95/65#
Even - Row 12/10 Cals

15:00-30:00:
EMOM12 - Squat Clean + Split Jerk Ladder
Guys begin @ 185, girls @ 115 - Add 20/10lbs EMOM until you hit failure, then make a judgement call to go back to previous weight or finish the remaining time attempting the current weight.

If you will hit your max in under 6 minutes with these jumps scale down to 10lbs/5lbs every minute, or adjust your starting weight.

30:00-55:00:
15min AmRap:
5 DL @ Max C&J Wgt (keep bars set)
10 Bar facing burpees
15 T2B
20 KB Snatch (below the knee at the bottom, 53/35)
25 Air Squats

55:00-60:00:
Tabata Sled Push (Empty Sled, everyone has their own, if more than 8 ppl give those struggling the most an extra 4 mins of rest).

Equipment Prep pre-Championship:
Barbell w/ 95/65 + Prepped weights for C&J
53/35lb KBs
Sleds prepped outside.

12 comments:

  1. I am planning for a 9am arrival at the gym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edited for your enjoyment. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was there NICE and EARLY for you! We all know how you like punctuality!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the new Equipment Prep section!!
    Very helpful.
    No excuses to start late now PEOPLE.

    JOHN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I think everyone needs to watch this to get properly jacked up for tomorrow.
    New #champ dethrones the wiley veteran. It's equal parts so gross and extremely impressive.

    http://youtu.be/038l6JmdvHs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in my bed for 14 consecutive hours and I don't see that changing. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John you better be hydrating like whoa and your pee better be totally clear.
    We need you back at 100% by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. All Thrusters done by ~:27s - Smoked by Maria and CSans
    All Rows done around 25s

    2. Hit 185, 205, 235, 245, 265, 285, Cleaned 305 but couldn't lock the jerk down.

    3. 3 Rounds + 12 T2B - BFB really take it out of me, tough.

    4. Done - Took the first one out hard, fell off hard.

    Fun to be back to C-Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to work on a handful of weaknesses today, got my ass kicked and got post workout chipotle with the 130 crew. All three were good for the body and soul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thruster/Row.. great to get the juices flowing, tried to compete with Maria on thruster and the big boy on the rower. both a great challenge and got me better..

    CJ.. PR! Hit 350 and another PR 365 clean but missed the jerk… next time!

    AMRAP.. a lot of opening/closing along with grip.

    Don't worry John, there was sleds.. about 160 seconds worth…

    Below is two of the greatest scenes of all time…

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXgVcrcyWM

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktA5xw_JLaI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! #PRCity

      I didn't know Billy Bob used to be kind of fat.

      Delete
  9. I couldn't find the Monday blog so I'll just post here. I came back with vengeance.

    AM--squats at CrossFit liberty. Also bench press-I couldn't resist.

    PM-clean and jerk work up to 285.
    Class with Bruce and #chuckstrong. Worked up to 500 DL and WOD-6:52.

    Jeff said I should go about 85% and I said ok but then the lights went on and I flipped the switch to go.

    Good to be back

    ReplyDelete