Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Thursday, April 23

Make sure you post your Flight Simulator times to yesterdays comments - if you missed it today you will need to redo it (that is one of our tests) and post on that day. We will be re-testing that relatively soon (End of May) so make comments/notes on what you want to do when we re-test -- i.e. a lot of people said they should have pushed it a bit more with their rest between sets. 

Tomorrow's class workout is extremely difficult/taxing and testing afterwards will be difficult.  IF it is possible for you to come in prior to class and test I would like you to do the following:

1) You have 12 minutes to establish a max set of Strict HSPU, rest, then complete a max set of kipping HSPU.  You may repeat either at any time in the 12 minutes if you think you can do better, or prep however you like -- but once you start the 12 minutes you may not go beyond that. 

2) "Jackie":
1000m Row
50 Thrusters (45/35)
30 Pull-ups


If you cannot do these at maximum intensity before class I would prefer that you wait and do Jackie on Sunday, you may still attempt the HSPU if you like. I require the class workout tomorrow to be a laying on the floor, whole body burning, close to failure #paintrain workout. Give nothing less than 100% on the barbell (hang onto that shit) and push it the best you can, keeping up max speed on the wall. 

Awesome job so far this week! Lots of C&J / DU PRs and other fun stuff. I will begin posting the Skulls work on Thursdays so that people who have to miss can do this on Friday (Maria, Will, Lea$e, maybe Kenz - see if you guys can get together) 

18 comments:

  1. Jeff. I think there is some rule that kit no longer has to do Jackie and I want in on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. FS 225/245/265/275. Really not getting any better on my squat cycles without a partner who is #CHUCKstrong to push me.
    2. "The Sam yo!" workout was brutal and demoralizing. Ed i caught my trachea on a squat clean... probably needed a spotter.
    3. HSPU - Strict 3/6/8....Kipping 5/17
    Previously recorded Jackie Times:
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 = 8:56
    Monday, January 21, 2013 = 8:38
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 = 7:38
    Saturday, February 8, 2014 = 7:18
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 = Kit exemption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Chuckstong will be making a return next week. The comfort of bed won this week.

      Delete
    2. If you break your trachea, give me a call I think I remember how to fix that.

      Delete
  3. That was rough....tried doing the class workout unbroken but that didn't happen.. My upper back and shoulders were smoked!

    Got 9:32
    First set of wall climbs done at 3min marker
    Did a set of 10 10 5 3 2 (something like that )
    Finished sq clean and jerks around 7min...


    I'll do Jackie subday or something !

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Strict HSPU: 28, Kipping: 18
    2. Jackie: 6:45 (:02 PR)
    3. Front squat tomorrow: knee pain from cleans
    4. WOD: the last 20 wall climbs are awful! 9:45

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strict HSPU - 11
    Kipping HSPU - 25

    Jackie: 7:09 - This was a PR for me from regionals 2 years ago (7:56 I think). I went unbroken on the thrusters which was awesome for me but then pussed out on the pull-ups and broke them up wayyy too much. I'll re-do Sunday for personal goals!

    Front Squats were good with no gear - 140, 150, 160, 175

    WOD was a rough one - props to K$ for KILLIN' it. I finished in 10:11 - Triceps were the first to go on the wall climbs! I think doing the HSPU before class made the wall climbs super taxing. I did singles on my squat clean & jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FS no gear 245/ 265/285/ 305

    HSPU Strict 22 kipping 19

    Wod did sets of 5 emom on wall climbs and rest last 30 sec to shake out arms.

    Sqt clean thrusters should have went harder 12:15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frontsies felt heavy Today, which was unfortunate. Worked up to 175.

    WOD was pretty rough. Did the first 10 climbs real fast and then had to drop down to sets of 2 to finish them up. Did 15, 10, 5 for the SCTs. Pansied out on the second set.
    Second set of wall climbs I tried to keep it to quick sets of two or three. 8:18.

    Did HSPU with Master Ca$h. Strict set was 12 and then kipping did 18. Was not a PR on either.

    Is everyone watching #Scandal ?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did the HSPU today with CSans
    Strict-15 this was my second set, first set was 14 was really happy with this
    Kipping-21 probably had a few more but also happy with this.

    Jackie- 5:49 PR!!!!!
    Was soooo happy with this. I did it in 5:55 a year and a half ago and it hurt so much more. Still was rough but much happier with how it went overall. Work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strict hspu 18

    Kipling hspu 21

    Jackie 6:27
    5 sec off my pr even though I did my pull ups unbroken. Got off the rower at 4 min did my thrusters unbroken too but i went a little slow with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shspu:3 :(
    Khspu 13/13...I kept falling off the wall....
    fs: 145/155/170/183 no gear...felt good
    wod 840: sets of 5 for wall climbs 1st round/singles for thr scts then roughly sets of 2-3 for last set of wall climbs
    -no Jackie as I am still babying my tricep :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Front Squats--205/225/245/265
    NO WOD-L shoulder not feeling good
    No TESTING-see above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made up HSPU test on April 30th. 11 Strict, 19 Kipping

      Delete
  12. Strict HSPU: 3
    Kipping: 10

    I have some making up to do after missing the Wednesday and Thursday due to finals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally did Jackie today. Got 8:30. It was my first time doing it, so I don't have anything to measure against. Kept my pace on the row to 2:10-2:18. Finished at about 4:30. For the thrusters I ended up doing 25, 15, 10 --my original plan was 30, 20 but my arms were more tired than expected. Kept rest between sets to about 5s. For the pull-ups, I went 5, 5, 5, 5, 10. Tried to keep rests between sets minimal... improving speed on the pull-ups is where I think I could save the most time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did Jackie today. Got 8:49. Kept the row at about 2:10. Thrusters did 15-20-15. Pull ups did sets of 5. Pull ups took a while. Need to work on getting through those quicker.

    ReplyDelete