Saturday, December 5, 2015

Championship Sunday/Info

Championship Sunday tomorrow will be at 8:30am.

Today comes with an exciting announcement and something I am pumped to be able to even think about discussing.  With the popularity of the competitive group and the amount of men/women involved with it each week I have decided that this year we will be doing two teams for the Open, trying to qualify two teams for Regionals.  With everyone this year committed to going team, there is nothing that has ever excited me more than the prospect of TWO Friendship teams. To accomplish this we will be splitting up weekend work a little bit.  There will be two sessions on Saturday (11:30am and 1:00pm) and two sessions on Sunday (8:30am and 2:00pm).  

This will afford our teams lots of opportunities:
1. This will allow me to come in and be available in a coaching specific role for the second session, give me eyes on each of our athletes and help to prescribe extra work or scales as necessary - something I feel that I cannot do properly when I am working out beside you, at the same time letting me focus on my needs as an athlete during the first session.
2. This will allow me to program with less equipment restrictions, not running things in heats or manipulating the programming that needs to be done due to unforeseen participation in these classes. 
3. This will allow the teams who will go to regionals and work together in the Open to train with each other, get to know each others strengths and weaknesses and improve togethers.  
4. Once the Open is over the second session will then begin immediate off-season strength programming and allow those who do not move forward the opportunity to prepare for the following season, if we DO qualify two teams those teams will merge and begin training together in the first session.  

I am extremely excited for this to move forward, the first weekend this will take place will be December 18th/19th.  If you are currently in the group completing Sunday work at Open Gym please consider the 2pm session on Sunday to carry-out Championship Sunday as an alternative to Open Gym as the space for non-competitve / recreational gym goers has been an issue as of lately, and the competitive group can be too intimidating to them to want to say something. 

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome !! :) can't wait for everything to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see everyone kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! Sad I'm missing the official announcement today, can't wait to get back to you guys Wednesday! Work is such a burden to my life goals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete