Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vienna

Vienna was an interesting place, certainly the most westernized of the places we will go. When we arrived we finally got to hit some weightlifting! We did a Max Effort Total of: Floor Press, Front Squat and deadlift. 15 minutes for each. I did some basic conversions to kgs and figured out about where I should be. I pr'd floor press with 150 kilos, 330lbs! Felt really good, and had a 3 second pause in the bottom. Front squat was next and I got up to my current max - 160 kilos, 353lbs. Deadlift was last and I was able to hit 240 kilos which I believe is 528lbs - either a 3lb PR or a 7lb unPR I forget. Either way lifting went very well and I had a great time at CrossFit Vienna. I got to meet Sebastian who is on the LVL1 cert staff and is currently moving location of his gym, and had a great conversation about the state of CF with him. We headed out to a local fair where I had some of the best dessert I'd ever had - a nutella, powder sugar and ice cream crepe...WOW! Second only to the bacon and bread with shredded horseradish from Munich so far. We headed back for the night and were up early for a workout in the museum district. We did an awesome partner WOD around all of these street architecture things. 100m run with a partner in four positions: fireman, piggyback, zercher, wife carry. In between we did 40 partner step-ups, 30 partner sit-ups, 10 partner back squats...my partner was 225lbs so this was no walk in the park. Great camaraderie builder for us and our most fun workout in an area so far. We were then free to hit Vienna as we saw fit, we walked through downtown and hit lunch and some shopping. Back for the night for this really cool dinner place on sand and had a beach bar and basically mimicked the tropics. Went out to a salsa bar and called it a night. Off to king Leopolds castle in the morning and then off to Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment