Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Airports n' stuff

Sitting in the airport uncomfortably early, counting my blessings and amazed at how much can happen in a year. Last May Jay, Tom, Grant and I were sitting around trying to figure out how to keep our dream of training without being hassled alive. 15 months later we are leading an amazing group of CrossFitters down an exciting path. It is because of the success of our path that I have allowed myself to take more chances, spend more on experiences rather than save for later. I have gained a trust and faith in the CF community, so much so that I am not nervous in the least to get the chance to meet an awesome group of like-minded-Koolaid-drinkers halfway around the world for half a years salary.

Sometimes we let ourselves stick into a routine and a shell too long. I have never grasped the concept of working hard without playing equally or more hard. Playing for me differs than with others I guess...in that some read the "play hard" as drinking and partying with frequency. I have had more fun, more positive experiences, remembered them better and with far fewer consequences since I have stopped drinking (or over-drinking) and in half the time. I will likely be one of the few Americans in Europe who won't get blitzed a few times. But a belief in self-discipline and devotion to being a better person than I once was is more important to me and my values than anything. My pit stains are already half way to my waist (starbucks x airport "air" =disaster), and I'm looking forward to 24 hours of flying and layovers. I got recognized in the security line by an all-lululemon wearing couple, my first celebrity sighting...we discussed how awesome these new shorts are (guy was wearing the same ones), which is funny cuz the shorts caused me to get groped real solid by the TSA guy (triple pockets). The perfect situation for a soft moan #OpportunityMissed

No comments:

Post a Comment