Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday - September 21, 2011
AM:
Skills Training:
20 minutes of work on Kipping HSPU and T2B:
Completed:
52 Kipping HSPU
48 Toes-to-Bar
then...
3x3x10 second negative Handstand Push-Ups from 12-inch Elevation.


PM:
Work to a Heavy Double Power Clean - 235lbs x 2 (265 x 1 PR)
then...
10-8-6-4-2:
Squat Cleans @ 165lbs
KB Snatches @ 70lbs
immediately following complete 50 burpees for time.


Thoughts/Feelings:
First time really dedicating work on the Kipping HSPU - got a better feel for them at the end.  Still don't see this as a viable option until totally fatigued on strict HSPU but hopefully I'll continue to get better at them.  Toes-to-Bar were great today, all unbroken and easy, did sets of 8.  Negatives on the HSPU were awesome - I think these will really help me build up that stability through the movement.


PM Training session was surprising - Cleans were going up well, I pulled 270 really high, but 265 went up fairly easy and felt strong.  I didn't feel very awake going into the session, but came around.  The metcon was nasty - Squat Cleans really take it out of me for some reason, just super taxing to move through that large of a range of motion for me.  Snatches were easy, burpees of course sucked.  Had a great dinner afterwards with Kitty - Lots of steak, home made Caesar and some Sweet Potato fries.  See how long I am able to continue with this log.

No comments:

Post a Comment