Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday - September 23, 2011
AM -
Skill work on the rings - 30 minutes
Muscle-Up to HSPU
Muscle-Up to Bear Complex (Turn-Out, Deep Dip, Turn-Out, Transition down, false grip CTB Pull-Up, Lower, Turn-Out)
L-Sit pull-up to invert, pull-up, to skin the cat, invert, pull-up, l-sit lower.

PM - lululemon Photo shoot was today, had a lot of fun despite a poor Ohio weather day.  Ended up sitting in some weird footed Overhead Squats with 95lbs, and carrying a barbell for a good 20 minutes, a mini workout. Then -
Joined the PM class for a little #StrongmanFriday:
1minute on/1minute off of:
Farmers Carry
Sledge Strikes
Tire Flip with jump-through
Sandbag burpee power cleans
Atlas Stone Shoulders
then
Jerk - work to a heavy 2 (220lbs)
#BackSquat - 5RM (325lbs PR)

Thoughts/Feelings - Strongman stuff felt great, very...strong.  Got the 160lb Atlas Stone shouldered 12 times in two minutes which was pretty good.  Everything else was just all go.  All the OHS holds and strongmen stuff made squatting and jerking feel really heavy.  I wasn't going to go up in the squats, 305 felt horrible but once I got under 325 I felt the power and repped out 5, great way to end the day.  PM Classes at Friendship CrossFit tonight were motivating, I love that feeling. 

*Knees and Hip were really bugging me toward the later parts of todays workouts, ring stuff felt a bit foreign, excited to get back on a routine with them.  Worked on a shorter dip on the split jerk, felt good but as I got heavier it wasn't as snappy as I'd like.  Gotta get up around 250 consistently since that is my Push Press.  Ideally I'd love to hit 275 or 280 on both Clean and Jerk by the end of the year, then try to get them together for that.  Snatching still evades me, gonna hit up some power snatches tomorrow, then maybe a WoD before I go out of town Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment